- New - improved knob response
- New - improved aesthetics
- New - upgraded electronics
- Inspired by the industrial design of the Chroma
- All exposed woodwork is solid cherry
- 2x16 amber LCD display shows parameter name and value when a knob is adjusted
- LED indicator lights to indicate the selected patch type
- Powered by external 6-9v DC supply
The ENABLER requires the Chroma to have the CPU Plus (CC+) installed.
The ENABLER provides an output of MIDI continuous controller data only. It will not obtain any display or parameter data from the Chroma. When a new patch is selected on the Chroma, the value of a particular parameter will jump to reflect the position of that particular knob when the knob is turned; just like in an OB-Xa or other classic polysynth.
The ENABLER is preset to MIDI channel 1. It has a MIDI out jack, and connects directly to the MIDI in of the CC+.
Modifications to the case design, exotic wood species and custom Calzone ATA cases are available options.
The ENABLER 2.0 is currently in final development, and a small production run is expected to ship in the Spring of 2019. Below is a video of the 2.0 prototype controlling a CHROMA for the first time!