- New - improved knob response
- New - improved aesthetics
- New - upgraded electronics
- Inspired by the industrial design of the Chroma
- All exposed woodwork is solid cherry
- 2x16 amber LCD display shows parameter name and value when a knob is adjusted
- LED indicator lights to indicate the selected patch type
- Powered by external 6-9v DC supply
The ENABLER requires the Chroma to have the CPU Plus (CC+) installed.
The ENABLER provides an output of MIDI continuous controller data only. It will not obtain any display or parameter data from the Chroma. When a new patch is selected on the Chroma, the value of a particular parameter will jump to reflect the position of that particular knob when the knob is turned; just like in an OB-Xa or other classic polysynth.
The ENABLER is preset to MIDI channel 1. It has a MIDI in and MIDI out/merge jack; MIDI data sent from another device, like a controller or sequencer is merged with the ENABLER data and appears here.
Modifications to the case design, exotic wood species and custom Calzone ATA cases are available options.
The ENABLER 2.0 is currently in final development, and a small production run is expected to ship in the Summer of 2018. Below is a video of the 2.0 prototype controlling a CHROMA for the first time!